Thursday, June 03, 2004

bons

I helplessly watched the bus leave my stop from across the street. Knowing that I had a good 20 minutes before the next one, I headed to the Starbucks. My area used to be a one of those true parodies of the ubiquity of the Starbucks, with five locations on a single city block, but the one nearest me closed down, so I have to walk .75 blocks instead of .5 blocks to get the nearest one. During this walk I made a decision: I will try to curb and eliminate any snobbery I have.

I once reveled in snobbery, basing my decisions on sparkling water, alcohol, coffee, restaurants, movies and operating systems upon arbitrary standards laid down *-errati. Oh, don't worry, I'll still be the same lovable curmudgeon, but now it will fully dependent upon my own narrow and exacting biases.

There haven't been any dream logs lately, even though there has been scrawls upon the journal. They just don't bring up the story behind them to mind anymore. For instance, last night's entry was:

'Tickets - 163'
'Twins - Shelly Long'

I don't know what that means. I blame 'the wagon.' I think I sleep deeper or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home