Sunday, June 20, 2004

Rouseguests

This weekend I had the pleasure of quatering my parents and my buddy, FY. My place is a loft, meaning that basically one big room. My parents stayed on my futon, FY on the couch and I'm up in the loft. (My parents had a major delay at the airport the previous night, so I'm only working on about 3 hours of sleep, the previous night.)

My parents, being on east coast time, go to bed around 11pm. FY is still at the rehersal dinner, so I stay up and read some comics, waiting for him to arrive. He gets in around midnight thirty. I point him at couch and go upstairs myself. As soon as I get to sleep, his phone rings, loudly. He doesn't answer it because he's in the bathroom. It goes to voicemail. I go back to sleep. Damn phone rings again, goes to voicemail, I go to sleep.

I wake up to the nasal trumpeting of my father. It's about 2am. It keeps me up for 15 minutes or so, then I get back to sleep. It wakes me up again at 3am, and 4am.

At around 5:30 am, my Dad start to get ready. He needs to make it down to San Jose, by 7:30. So I have to listen to his bathroom prep, and my Mom re-explaining how to get there. I finally get back to sleep around 6am.

The door slams behind FY at about 7am. He's going to move the car, since the meters start at 7am. Back to sleep.

'Hey! We gotta go!' FY yells up at me. The LED reads 8:03.
'Why the fuck I gotta go?'
'You have to drop me off in my car, and get the new car.'

So no REM, no dreams, no dream log.

1 Comments:

Blogger ratty said...

torture. worse than barking dogs, almost.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home